- Right Place for Wrong Time. Make sure your fire extinguisher is located in the right place for the wrong time.
Too often a homeowner will have one, but place it somewhere in the home where a fire is less likely. When the time comes to use it,
you don’t want to scramble around the house, losing precious time that may keep a small fire from turning into a big one.
- Up to Code? Make sure you fire extinguisher works/is up to code. Because most of us will never have to use it, a
fire extinguisher may age and become useless. You should have a professional come and check the quality of the extinguisher to make sure
it will be ready when needed. If you live in an apartment or condominium, make sure you property managers stay on top of the usability
of these important protection tools.
- Know How to Use Your Fire Extinguisher – Once again, most of us will never feel like the fire will happen to us. While extinguishers are made to be easy-to- operate, it is better to be sure you know how to use it…before you are in an emergency. Your local fire department.
- Check Your Smoke Detectors – Are the batteries working well? How old is your smoke detector? Have you ever tested it? This is the perfect time of year to ask yourself these questions. Another option is to keep an eye out on new smoke detectors hitting the market that also include carbon detection.
- Check Your Food Often. Check food regularly while cooking and remain in the home while cooking. Use a timer as a reminder that the stove or oven is on. Kitchen fires are the most common this time of year.
- Decorations. Try to by decorations that are flame resistant or flame retardant. Replace any string of lights with worn or broken cords or loose bulb connections
About LifeSafety Management
Founded in 1994, LifeSafety Management is a provider of commercial fire alarms, fire sprinkler systems and security systems. These services are essential for maintaining a safe environment for both people and property, and we are dedicated to exceeding the industry standard. By offering installation, inspection and monitoring with signature customer support, LifeSafety Management has become a leader in life safety. In fact, our management team has more than 100 years of collective experience in the fire and security services industry.