LSM is a division of LifeSafety Management, Inc. (the “Company”) operates under the following licenses; Florida EF0001151
BILLING AND PAYMENT POLICIES
Capitalized terms not defined on this web page have the meaning set forth in the Subscriber’s written agreement with the Company (the “Agreement”).
Each Subscriber shall comply with the Company’s billing and payment policies as posted on the Company’s website from time-to-time, including each of the following current, in-force policies:
Any Payment Card related information (collectively, “Payment Card Information”) provided to the Company must be valid and up to date (i.e., not expired) at all times. (Any credit card, debit card or any similar payment method the Subscriber may use to pay the Company shall be referred to in these policies as a “Payment Card.”)
If any Payment Card Information or the status of your Payment Card is not valid and up to date, the Subscriber’s account balance(s) will not be timely paid, and the Company, in its sole and absolute discretion and without further notice to the Subscriber may suspend or terminate some or all of the Service for cause and/or charge the Subscriber a late charges and/or re-activation fees.
If the Company terminates Service, the System at the Premises will no longer be monitored by the monitoring facility. This means monitoring facility personnel will no longer respond to signals received from the Premises or dispatch the proper authorities to the Premises even after receiving signals from the System.
Note that the Company’s billing and payment policies may change from time-to-time. A Subscriber should review these policies periodically but no less than monthly.
EQUIPMENT TESTING AND USE POLICIES
Each Subscriber shall comply with the Company’s equipment testing and use policies as posted on the Company’s website from time-to-time, including each of the following current, in-force policies:
Effective monitoring services require occasional actions on the Subscriber’s behalf. Accordingly, a Subscriber understands that:
1. A Subscriber will test the system and installed equipment at least monthly for proper operation.
2. A Subscriber will comply with the requirements in any written materials we provide you in connection with the Equipment or in any written user manual for the Equipment, whether we physically provide you the user manual or if the user manual is available on-line.
3. A Subscriber will take reasonable care to maintain the Equipment in proper working order at all times and not to tamper with, disturb, move (even in connection with remodeling), damage or otherwise interfere with the Equipment or allow the same to be done to the Equipment by any third party.
4. A Subscriber assumes full responsibility for the operation of any bypassed detection devices or switch units provided for disconnecting or reconnecting the alarm sounding and/or transmitting equipment at the Premise.
5. A Subscriber will replace the batteries, or contact the Company to replace the batteries, in all Equipment when alerted to do so by the control unit, the device itself, the Company or the monitoring facility.
6. A Subscriber will instruct all other persons who use the System on its proper use.
7. A Subscriber will keep all account and notification information updated by informing the Company of any changes.
8. A Subscriber will promptly have the Company repair any Equipment that either the Subscriber or the Company has identified as not functioning properly.
9. A Subscriber agrees to comply with all laws, codes, required permitting and regulations pertaining to the Equipment installed and the Services provided.
10. A Subscriber shall obtain and keep in effect all permits or licenses required for the installation and operation of the System or use of the Service.
11. A Subscriber shall keep confidential all passwords, account information and access codes that permit access to or the use of the Service or any System.
IF A SUBSCRIBER INTENDS TO RELOCATE OR REPOSITION ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT EITHER WITHIN THE PREMISE OR TO ANOTHER LOCATION, SUBSCRIBER WILL IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY THE COMPANY OF SUCH PLANNED MOVEMENTS. FAILURE TO NOTIFY THE COMPANY OF ANY SUCH PLANNED RELOCATION OR REPOSITIONING OF EQUIPMENT MAY RENDER ALL OR SOME PORTION OF THE SYSTEM INCAPABLE OF PROVIDING THE DETECTION INTENDED, INCLUDING THE INCORRECT PUBLIC SAFETY ANSWERING POINT (“PSAP”) BEING NOTIFIED, INCORRECT INFORMATION BEING COMMUNICATED TO THE PSAP OR SIGNALS NOT BEING TRANSMITTED TO OR RECEIVED AT THE MONITORING FACILITY. SUBSCRIBERS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE COMPANY OR MONITORING FACILITY CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR FAILURE TO NOTIFY THE COMPANY OF THE RELOCATION OR REPOSITIONING OF ANY EQUIPMENT.
BATTERY POWERED MOTION DETECTORS, SMOKE DETECTORS, DOOR AND WINDOW TRANSMITTERS AND OTHER DETECTION DEVICES ARE NOT CONNECTED TO THE ELECTRICAL SYSTEM OF THE PREMISE. SUCH DEVICES REQUIRE BATTERIES TO OPERATE. SUBSCRIBERS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE BATTERIES AND ACCORDINGLY AGREE TO REGULARLY INSPECT THE DEVICES AND TEST THEM WEEKLY TO MAINTAIN CONTINUED OPERATION. A SMOKE DETECTOR WILL NOT ENSURE THAT SUBSCRIBER AND/OR ANY OTHER RESIDENT IN THE SUBSCRIBER’S PREMISE WILL NOT SUFFER DAMAGE OR INJURY. BATTERY POWERED DETECTION SENSORS MAY NOT OPERATE PROPERLY AND THE CONTROL UNIT MAY NOT DETECT OR SIGNAL AN ALARM EVENT IF THE BATTERIES ARE LOW OR DEPLETED. WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE SUBSCRIBERS TO READ THE OWNER’S MANUAL AND INFORMATION FOR ALL EQUIPMENT, INCLUDING ALL BATTERY OPERATED DETECTORS. THE OWNER’S MANUAL CONTAINS VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION SUCH AS OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS, EQUIPMENT TESTING, MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES AND INFORMATION ON THE VISUAL AND AUDIO NOTIFICATIONS THAT ARE DISPLAYED OR ANNUNCIATED BY CONTROL UNIT AND/OR THE BATTERY OPERATED DETECTION DEVICES AS TO THE STATUS OF THE SYSTEM AND THE BATTERY POWER DEVICES.
EACH SUBSCRIBER IS ENCOURAGED TO REVIEW PRODUCT USER GUIDES WHICH MAY BE FOUND ON THE COMPANY’S WEBSITE IN THE LEARNING CENTER SECTION.
VIDEO SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Capitalized terms not defined on this web page have the meaning set forth in the Subscriber’s written agreement with the Company (the “Agreement”). A Subscriber’s whose System transmits video shall comply with Company’s video policies as posted on Company’s website from time-to-time, including each of the following policies:
1. A Subscriber shall provide and maintain adequate power and lighting for all cameras or other video-related equipment.
2. A Subscriber shall instruct all persons who may use the Services or the System of any of the limitations related to the Services or the System as set forth in this Agreement
3. A Subscriber shall take all steps necessary to inform any person who may be the subject of any video and/or audio monitoring of the possibility of such monitoring. In the event of the commercial use of video-related services, Subscriber shall, where appropriate, display, in a prominent and conspicuous manner, signs and/or broadcast periodic or intrusion-related aural announcements informing persons of the audio and/or video monitoring while on the Premises.
4. A Subscriber shall not use or permit the use of video data transmitted or received from cameras installed with a view where any person has a reasonable expectation of privacy, including bedrooms, restrooms, dressing or changing areas, locker rooms or similar areas.
5. A Subscriber shall use the Service and video transmitted from a System solely for the intended purpose of providing security surveillance and for no other purpose.
6. A Subscriber shall not use the Services or video transmitted from a System for any criminal, illegal or unlawful activity, including the invasion of, or intrusion upon, the privacy or seclusion or the private affairs of another or eavesdropping
7. A Subscriber shall not use the Services or video transmitted from a System for viewing, transmitting or storing sexually explicit materials.
8. A SUBSCRIBER SHALL NOT AUDIOTAPE OR EAVESDROP ON ORAL COMMUNICATIONS OF OTHERS WITHOUT HAVING SUCH PERSON’S PERMISSION TO DO SO.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR USE OF WEBSITE
By accessing this website (“Site”), you agree to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws related to the use of this Site. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this Site. All materials contained in this Site are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
Any person is hereby authorized to view the information available on the Site for informational purposes only. However, the text and images resident on this Site may not otherwise be copied, modified, distributed, reproduced or reused without the express written permission of the Company. The Company reviews each request on a case-by-case basis. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
• Modify or copy the materials;
• Use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
• Attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the Company’s Site;
• Remove any copyright or other proprietary information from the materials; or
• Transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This Permitted Use license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by the Company any time. Upon termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on the Company’s website are provided “as is.” The Company makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, the Company does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to the Company’s Site.
In no event shall the Company or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption) arising out of the use or inability to use any materials on the Company’s Site. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Materials contained in or appearing on the Company’s Site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The Company does not warrant that any of the materials on its Site are accurate, complete, or current. The Company may make modifications to the materials contained on its Site at any time, without notice. The Company does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials on its Site.
The Company has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the Company of the site. Use of any such linked site is at the user’s own risk.
The trademarks, trade names, logos, service marks, and products (collectively the “Trademarks”) displayed on the Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of the Company and others.
Nothing contained on the Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Site without the written permission of the Company or such third party that may own the Trademarks displayed on the Site. Your use of the Trademarks displayed on the Site, or any other content on the Site, except as provided in these Terms, is strictly prohibited. You are also advised that the Company will aggressively enforce its intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.
The materials of this Site are protected by Copyright and Trademark Laws of the U.S. and other countries and are owned by, or licensed to the Company. All content of this Site is owned or controlled by the Company. You may download content only for your personal use for non-commercial purposes but no modification or further reproduction of the content is permitted. The contents of the Site, including any images, text, executable code, and layout design may not be distributed, reproduced, publicly displayed, downloaded, modified, reused, re-posted, or otherwise used except as provided herein without the express prior written permission of the Company.
The Company maintains this Site for your personal information, and education. You may feel free to browse the Site. You may download information displayed on the Site for personal, noncommercial use only provided you also retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the information or downloaded materials. You may not, for any reason, distribute, modify, duplicate, transmit, use, or reuse the content of the Site for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio, and video without LSM’s prior written consent.
Modifications to Terms and Conditions for Use of Website.
This document shall be governed by and construed according to the laws of the state in which the Company’s principal place of business is located without reference to its conflicts of law rules.